(RESOLVED)Lost MATE desktop,

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Lost MATE desktop, can I get it back?

Post by austin.texas »

Try these commands:

Code: Select all

sudo  mdm-restart
OR

sudo service mdm-restart
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
bimme

Post by bimme »

sudo mdm-restart

command not found

sudo service mdm-restart

unrecognized service
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

I am afraid I am out of ideas on this.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
bimme

Post by bimme »

I guess I'm looking to a fresh install of Mate. Well It took me just over two weeks to break it. :D
Thx for the ti :D e and help.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, austin.texas.

I am not quite sure whether anybody will care too much about a thread which has been marked as "abandoned". But nonetheless, would the commandline to restart mdm not be

sudo service mdm restart
Note: no hyphen between mdm and restart.

Cheers,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
bimme

Re: (Unsolved Broken, abandoned)Lost MATE desktop,

Post by bimme »

I've decided to just reinstall. What should I do with the headline. This topic is basically done but not solved.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: (Unsolved Broken, abandoned)Lost MATE desktop,

Post by austin.texas »

Thank you for the correction, karlchen
bimme wrote:I've decided to just reinstall. What should I do with the headline. This topic is basically done but not solved.
How about RESOLVED ?
Linux Linx 2018
bimme

Re: (RESOLVED)Lost MATE desktop,

Post by bimme »

It sure is resolved now. Totally fresh install of Mate. I removed all of OSx. My Imac now runs only Linux. I'm extatic. :D I've never had a machine and OS combination as good as this. She is so pretty even my wife said "WOW", even the kids are envious. (they still have windblows). What's really cool is that my internet connection flies at full bore without a hickup. (neither windows or MAC OS would run like that. I'm totally blown away with Linux. Love it. Ok, enough of the gushing....

Return to “MATE”