How do I change minimize, restore & close button locations

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
totalnoob

How do I change minimize, restore & close button locations

Post by totalnoob »

I am using Mint 17 MATE! Excellent by the way. I would like to change the location of these buttons and I seem to remember there being a simple GUI for this in the settings in another release but I can't find one anywhere. Am I missing something here???

Thank's y'all. Some times this forum is the ONLY legit source of help on the internet. :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: How do I change minimize, restore & close button locatio

Post by karlchen »

Hello, totalnoob.

So far no Mate user has replied.
Hopefully things are pretty similar on Mate and Cinnamon, because I can only tell you where to find the settings on Cinnamon. So hopefully this will help you locate the appropriate dialogue on Mate.
On Cinnamon, you launch System Settings. Then you click on the item "Windows". Next you will see this dialogue (screenshot below). - Sorry if this should be of no help on Mate.

(Click image to enlarge. Press <Alt><Cursor Left> to return here.)

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
caz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by caz »

The settings to change the location of the buttons is slightly different in Mate. Click on Control Centre, Desktop Settings and then on Windows.
Some stuff I made using FOSS http://caz747.deviantart.com/
eanfrid

Post by eanfrid »

You can also use the "System Tools/Configuration Editor" (dconf-editor). AlT+F2 to get a run dialog and type "dconf-editor" if you don't find it in the menu. Then go to the highlighted entries showed below:
66936223e7c9b8.png
and edit the line on the right panel to align and reorder the "menu, minimize, maximize, close" buttons.

Return to “MATE”