LM17 : customise side pane and search pane?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gene

LM17 : customise side pane and search pane?

Post by gene »

Hi,

I have installed LM17 (coming from LM15) and would like to make some changes to the appearance of certain panes.
The side-pane is a solid dark grey, next to main panel which is white. I know the main panel bkgnd color can be changed, however, I would like to change the side-pane bkgnd color. To make this change usable, I would also require to make changes to the side-pane text color.

Also, when using the search facility (ie.search on this drive), the result is placed into a search-pane where the bkgnd color is light-blue.

With these 3 panes active on the one page, it is a cacophony of colour. White text on dk-grey on the (LHS), then dk-grey text on light-blue (TOP), and dk-grey text on white (MAIN). Big blocks of color, all competing with each other for my attention.

Is there a way to make changes to attributes of the side-pane and search-pane?

Thanks, G
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: LM17 : customise side pane and search pane?

Post by caribriz »

Hi -

If using the default Mint-X gtk theme in LM17 mate ...

For caja's sidepane background and text color - try this solution by JosephM:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 60#p873176

I suggest making a backup copy of the theme folder /usr/share/themes/Mint-X before editing.

PS. In mate, I think the command should be gksu pluma /usr/share/themes/Mint-X/gtk-2.0/styles/file-manager.rc...... instead of gksu gedit ....

Return to “MATE”