<SOLVED> LM 17 don't prompt for password after standby

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anpatel

<SOLVED> LM 17 don't prompt for password after standby

Post by anpatel »

I had Linux Mint 15 MATE on my Dell Latitude E6400 and worked great for me, recently I installed Linux Mint 17 MATE (Fresh Install) and having only one problem that it don't prompt for password after resume from standby, if its on Hibernate then it doesn't boots. I tried all settings from Control Center but nothing worked.
Let me know if this is a known issue or I need to install any other package to make this work properly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PatH57

Re: LM 17 don't prompt for password after resume from standb

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

hibernation is a simple word for a complex process.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Su ... _Hibernate

Why did it work on Mint13 because it was talking to an "older" unit that understood this process, meaning all the stuff inside the PC waswell known to the OS.
Mint17 is still kind of new and it will take a bit of time to get everything working (also has the hardware gets older no new drivers or "enhanced" capabilities will come to assist the OS)
anpatel

Post by anpatel »

Looks like I found the solution for the password prompt, now its working perfect..
Go to Control Center - Screensaver - Enable Lock screen when screensaver is active
If I disable it, I stop getting password prompt from standby mode :)
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

:lol: screensaver password and I was giving you an explanation on standbye and resume
anpatel

Post by anpatel »

PatH57, thanks for the explanation on standby and resume, it was great to know!
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

you are welcome
BTW do you have a swap file or partition if not hibernation will not work
and you can test how well power management works by installing checkbox-gui (package manager) it will be located in system tools, system testing
anpatel

Post by anpatel »

Yes I do have SWAP partition of 7 gb, double the RAM size but when I resume from "Hibernate" gets error message - Resuming from /dev/disk/by-uuid/856b.... then nothing happens, I have to restart the machine.
BTW checkbox-gui is really a nice tool, I didn't find any issues related to hardware, I think everyone should have this tool and thanks for suggesting to me!
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

still looking at the same problem with hibernate.
But now that I have an ssd drive it doesn't matter it's faster rebooting then coming out of hibernate.
Also seen a lot of people having problems when using EFI and hibernate?

Return to “MATE”