Applets disappeared after Mint 13 update

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marada

Applets disappeared after Mint 13 update

Post by marada »

I use Mint 13 with mate 1.6.

Today I installed Mint Update including mdm update. After the restart I had to remove two applets from the configuration: CPU frequency and System monitor.
I can not add them to the panel anymore.

What I guess I may need to install mate-applets. The only availiable version is 1.6.1-1+precise.
Unfortunately it requires libmatewnck, but the only availiable version is 1.6.0-1+precise that requires libmatewnck-common in this same version (1.6.0-1+precise).
The only availiable is 1.6.1-1+maya.
For similar reasons I would have to remove many other packages as their are now in 1.6.1 version vs. 1.6.0 version of libmatewnck.

What I think the dependencies were broken because libmatewnck was omitted during version changes.

Where can I find the deb package?
Is it good idea to compile it from sources or maybe better to wait for next updates?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
marada

Re: Applets disappeared after Mint 13 update

Post by marada »

Thanks to having maya installed at some other machines and luckily not updated I see what is the reaseon of the regress.

limmatewnck depends of libmatewnck-common, but libmatewnck-common is in the new version whereas libmatewnck is held in the old and now now they are dependend but in conflict.
I think this is an obious bug.

The other applets suffered from this bug too. No need to say this is critical for me as one of the main reason for transition to mint was just the need of frequent usage of the applets.

I'd like to report this bug to the developers, but I don't know how and where. They could fix the situation by reversing the ill-fated update or changing versions consequenly.

If you also don't see any other solution, my question is: where can I fill a bug report?

Return to “MATE”