Invisible mate-panel

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KaraBaSS_1337

Invisible mate-panel

Post by KaraBaSS_1337 »

Hi there! I'm using Linux Mint 15 Mate x86, and I have a problem. :(
If I do come actions (for example, ctrl+p in LibreOffice), mate-panel becomes invisible (with all elements on it).
mate-panel --replace temporarily solves the problem..
What can I do with that problem? Thanx.

Best regards.
P.S.: Sorry for my poor english
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
flabbergast

Re: Invisible mate-panel

Post by flabbergast »

You might have the same problem that is discussed in this thread:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 6&t=169246
If so, because Mint 15 is no longer supported, you could EITHER turn off compositing (Control Centre > Windows > Enable Software Compositing) OR upgrade to Mint 17 and install the latest updates to fix the problem
KaraBaSS_1337

Post by KaraBaSS_1337 »

Thanks a lot for reply!
So, I can't update the mate in my Mint 15, and I must install Mint 17?
flabbergast

Post by flabbergast »

You're welcome ... Installing Mint-17 would solve the problem. And it is probably the best solution. I don't know whether it is possible (or safe) to update Mate in Mint-15 using apt-get. Perhaps someone more knowledgable than me might comment on that.

Of course Mint-15 still works, apart from the glitch you have found. If you want to stay on Mint 15 for now, here are some other suggestions that might solve your problem:
- Turn off compositing, as mentioned already OR
- Switch from Mate to Cinnamon: install "Cinnamon" from "Software Manager" and select it at the login screen using the "session" option. OR
- Change the Window Manager ... "compton" and "compiz" were mentioned in the other thread. I've never used Compton so cannot comment. Compiz has always worked OK for me. However, I can't check that these solve the problem because I'm using 17. (If you don't know how to change Window Manager, I can point to you to a quick guide: it is very quick and easy). OR
- Never ever type "Ctrl-P" in LibreOffice :D
Good luck !
KaraBaSS_1337

Post by KaraBaSS_1337 »

Yes! :D
Just mouse click and don't use hotkey "ctrl+p" solved the problem! Very thanx!))

P.S.: I didn't change DE or Windows Manager.

Return to “MATE”