mdmwebkit and Xorg highly cpu use

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sirase

mdmwebkit and Xorg highly cpu use

Post by sirase »

Hi.
My Linux mint Mate Maya(13) 32bit Environment have a problem.
Please see this picture.

mdmwebkit and Xorg process is using highly cpu power.
Enable backport is unstable.

I tried next line.

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt-get purge mdm
$ sudo apt-get autoremove
$ sudo apt-get install mdm

$ jockey-gtk
And disable Nvidia Graphics Driver.

$ sudo reboot

$ sudo rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf
$ sudo reboot
Doesn't solve problem.

Please help me!!

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sirase

Re: mdmwebkit and Xorg highly cpu use

Post by sirase »

add information.

$ sudo service mdm start
then, logged this /var/log/syslog
Jan 29 01:18:26 server mdm[1521]: WARNING: failed to get file info for accountService pic file: ファイル '/var/lib/AccountsService/icons/username' の情報を取得
する際にエラー: そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません
Jan 29 01:18:26 server mdm[1521]: WARNING: failed to get file info for accountService pic file: ファイル '/home/username/.face' の情報を取得する際にエラー: そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません
Jan 29 01:18:26 server mdm[1521]: GLib-GIO-CRITICAL: g_file_info_get_attribute_uint64: assertion `G_IS_FILE_INFO (info)' failed
Jan 29 01:18:26 server mdm[1521]: GLib-GIO-CRITICAL: g_file_info_get_attribute_uint64: assertion `G_IS_FILE_INFO (info)' failed
Please advice me.
Thanks.
harlyman

Post by harlyman »

hi, i am argentine, can you resolve this problem?, i have the same error
sirase

Post by sirase »

I'm fixed this issue.
workaround:

gksu /usr/sbin/mdmsetup
In [Thema] tab, choice [Clouds] from Mint-X

good luck.
eanfrid

Post by eanfrid »

Same problem as my topic here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... t=+lightdm - why did a moderator move my topic to hardware ? :o
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hi, eanfrid.

No idea who moved it and why to hardware. Hardware is as incorrect as Mate, because it is an MDM specific software problem. Could happen with Cinnamon, Mate, xfce and KDE. So which sub-forum to move your thread?

Cheers,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

karlchen wrote:So which sub-forum to move your thread?
Maybe simply Software & Applications?
We don't have a dedicated forum for the display managers like MDM or LightDM...
eanfrid

Post by eanfrid »

IIRC I posted initially my own topic in Software&Applications, like you guessed ;)
dunaybd

Post by dunaybd »

This problem exists for Linux Mint 17 with all normal updates as of 2014-10-28. My Asus desktop with 24GB RAM and NVidia video had this problem and my Samsung laptop with 8GB RAM and ATI video also had this problem. The solution was to use mdmsetup to switch from Mint-X to Clouds theme. I can only guess it has something to do with the fonts used.

Xorg was hogging CPU even before I logged in. Switching to my <Ctrl><Alt><F1> console and running "top" showed Xorg with 60-90% of my CPU. If I killed mdm and did a startx from the <Ctrl><Alt><F1> console, Xorg CPU usage was normal.

Thanks to sirase for this tip. I had already began to roll back my computers to Linux Mint 16 before I saw this post.

Return to “MATE”