[Solved] How to Disable Login Sound, Mint 13

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RobertLM78
Level 3
Level 3

[Solved] How to Disable Login Sound, Mint 13

Post by RobertLM78 »

I installed Mint 13 onto a physical machine yesterday and now that I've seen it's performance, I am pleased as punch. The development team did a wonderful job :D .

However, I can't seem to get the annoying login sound to go away when I start up a MATE session. I've looked into this topic and can't seem to find an answer, so any help would be greatly appreciated :wink: .
Last edited by RobertLM78 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gateway DX4860, Sapphire Radeon HD 5450, 8 GB RAM, Mint 17.3 64-bit (Rosa), MATE
AMD Ryzen 3-3100, AMD Radeon RX 570, 16 GB RAM, Mint 21 (Vanessa), MATE
RobertLM78
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Disabling Login Sound, Mint 13

Post by RobertLM78 »

While I was looking into the options for MDM, I stumbled upon my answer, so I'll write a quick guide.

1. Open the Control Center.
2. Scroll down to "Login Window"
3. Go to the "Accessibility" tab.
4. Untick the checkbox next to "Login Successful"
5. Close the "Login Window Preferences.

Gateway DX4860, Sapphire Radeon HD 5450, 8 GB RAM, Mint 17.3 64-bit (Rosa), MATE
rdanner3

Re: [Solved] How to Disable Login Sound, Mint 13

Post by rdanner3 »

Great guide! Thank you! While I was there, also disabled the login-ready sound. I tend to prefer as little sound as possible in many areas of my computing, as odd as that sounds, especially considering I have harman-kardon speakers on my laptop! :lol:

OTOH, I do tend to work at odd hours, sometimes without earphones, so running the OS as quietly as I can is often a must.
RobertLM78
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RobertLM78 »

You're welcome rdanner3! I was hoping this guide would come in handy for somebody :wink: .
rdanner3 wrote: I tend to prefer as little sound as possible in many areas of my computing
Same here :D ! The only sounds that I want to hear are the ones I choose to hear, and those are the notes of music (or the occasional game :wink: ). I certainly don't like all the bells and whistles for every little event that occurs on my computer - not to say that it sounds aren't helpful; if you're blind and need to know if you've logged in successfully, that would surely be one legit reason for having sounds, but alas, I'm not blind, I can see that I've logged successfully :) .
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

<Moderator on>
This thread is about Mate. It has been marked [solved]. So there is no point in adding a solution to it almost three years later which applies to Mint 17.1 Cinnamon. That post has been deleted. The thread will be locked now, so it will R.I.P. in future.
</Moderator off>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “MATE”