Mate-Panel notification area modification

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CowichanBoy

Mate-Panel notification area modification

Post by CowichanBoy »

Using Linux Minte 17 `Mate`

I want to modify the mate-panel notification area.
I can find many snippets online, related to the notification area of mate-panel, but no explanation that would enable me to modify it.
I'm looking for where the code resides that generates the content of the notification area, and the resources the code uses.

For example, why is the default order of icons, right to left, time/date - battery (if a laptop) - wifi - speaker - updates? Where is this order of icon placement controlled?

Any help much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Mate-Panel notification area modification

Post by all41 »

Where is this order of icon placement controlled
Right click on each icon and deselect Lock to panel. Then Right click and select Move
Limited funtionality.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Buzzsaw
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mate-Panel notification area modification

Post by Buzzsaw »

Right click on each icon and deselect Lock to panel. Then Right click and select Move
That would only move the notification area applet as one unit. I think the OP is concerned with the indivdual icons within the notification area. For this, I expect you'd need to examine the source code.

Return to “MATE”