Desktop switcher + 2 monitors issue

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Altreus

Desktop switcher + 2 monitors issue

Post by Altreus »

Hey,

I have an issue with the desktop switcher. This is a fresh installation so I haven't installed any proprietary drivers (that's a different problem that I haven't yet solved) so I guess I'm using the vesa drivers or something. I don't know how to find out when I don't have an xorg.conf.

Anyway, I used the Displays application to set up dual monitors, and now what happens is that the monitor with the panels on it switches workspace, and the other monitor doesn't. From gnome 2 I expected the size of the desktop icons to double and for both monitors to act as one large workspace, whereas it appears I have one workspace for the left monitor, which I can change, and one for the right, which I can't.

The ctrl+alt+left/right shortcuts move the left monitor's workspace regardless of where the focus is.

What do I do? Happy to provide more info if needed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Altreus

Re: Desktop switcher + 2 monitors issue

Post by Altreus »

Turns out this is Gnome3 behaviour, not Mint being broken. Once I figured that out I googled for the right thing and found the answer:

http://gregcor.com/2011/05/07/fix-dual- ... re-broken/

Ta

Return to “Software & Applications”