Can we improve MintUpdate?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
GeneC

Re: Can we improve MintUpdate?

Post by GeneC »

GeneC wrote:
ukbrian wrote:
Since the latest MintUpdate upgrade (4.2.9), I noticed that an app I had "pinned" in synaptic is NOT recognized when using MintUpdate.
When Tomboy Notes shows in MintUpdate right click on it and you can pin it there, I had the same problem with Xvidcap which I had pinned in Synaptic because the versions in the repos are crap with audio.

I think MintUpdate is coming on really well, thanks for your efforts Clem & team. :D I think the repo snapshots idea is bril and will make LMDE a much easier package for newcomers which should be the aim of any distro:D
Thanks for the tip ukbrian. :wink:
I am sure this works, but also can see lots of people getting updates to things they THINK they have pinned in synaptic, and Mint Update ignores. Something folks should be aware of...
Just an update on "pinned" in synaptic upgrades showing up in MintUpdate.
Even though they show up, they WILL NOT install with MintUpdate even if "selected".
They will just be there again with the next refresh.

-------------------------

As "ukbrian" mentioned, you can "pin" them in MintUpdate as well by right clicking, and choose to "ignore". They wont show up again.
ukbrian

Post by ukbrian »

you can "pin" them in MintUpdate as well by right clicking, and choose to "ignore"
got me thinking about how you unpin/unignore in MintUpdate if they don't show?
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

ukbrian wrote:
you can "pin" them in MintUpdate as well by right clicking, and choose to "ignore"
got me thinking about how you unpin/unignore in MintUpdate if they don't show?
Update manager>Edit>Preferences>Ignored Packages>Remove

That will make them show back up again...

Return to “LMDE Archive”