Software Manager APT problem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
cosmic1

Software Manager APT problem

Post by cosmic1 »

After fresh boot of Linux Mint Cinnamon LDME 64bit, I am having a false error message on the Software Manager. Every program I have installed from Software Manager finishes the intall with an error message saying the installation was unsuccessfull, another program is using APT...dkpg. However the programs do install and nothing else is using dkpg that I can see. Fresh reboots after each install. Is the Software Manager test of APT not excluding itself?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kurotsugi

Re: Software Manager APT problem

Post by kurotsugi »

I might be wrong but it probably the update manager.

Code: Select all

sudo lsof /var/lib/dpkg/lock
you can run this command to find the culprit then kill it by our usual pkill or killall command.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

cosmic1

Post by cosmic1 »

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I tried your suggestions, read the other forum, turned off update and I am still getting error. Fortunately, the programs are at least installing anyway. Soething is still using APT or the test in Software Manager is broken.
kurotsugi

Post by kurotsugi »

we need the result of this command to analyze the problem

Code: Select all

sudo lsof /var/lib/dpkg/lock
cosmic1

Post by cosmic1 »

Tried command, no response in terminal. Tried Software Manager and no error or busy message on APT. So it worked. Thanks you
toddgrim

Post by toddgrim »

I had exactly the same problem with my fresh new install today. I followed the instructions and, as with cosmic1, it's fixed but something is clearly funky here.

Return to “LMDE Archive”