I've Really Done It Now...

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

I've Really Done It Now...

Post by Carl »

I'm stuck on the never ending KDM loop :x everytime I login I get sent straight back to the KDM, I've tried removing and then reinstalling KDM but it didn't help so I installed GDM but it just does the same thing :shock: the only error I managed to get out of the thing after numerous login attempts was this:

Code: Select all

(process:381)GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (0)
the last thing that happened was that the desktop crashed and all that was left was a box in the corner and the rest of the screen was black...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: I've Really Done It Now...

Post by dawgdoc »

Checkthis thread, some suggestions were made to fix the same issue. If that doesn't help you may have to check in the Ubuntu forums. I have seen references to a launchpad bug report but no hint that it contained a fix. I saw one post in the Mint forums where it was fixed with a re-installation.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Re: I've Really Done It Now...

Post by Carl »

dawgdoc wrote:I saw one post in the Mint forums where it was fixed with a re-installation.
Thats not really a fix :lol:

I'll read up on the link and other info :wink:

Cheers

Return to “Other topics”