Donating to a bank account.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vilsu
Level 3
Level 3

Donating to a bank account.

Post by vilsu »

Hello!

I want to donate my precious money to Linux mint as I like it and have been using it for a time.

I do not want to use PayPal, bitcoin or any other fancy means. I only ask, is it too difficult in this age and time to set up a bank account for Linux mint donations? What is the reason why not?

If anyone can answer I would like a lot.

Yours, vilsu,

P.S. I also like to have LM free of systemd and as is, I have donated to Devuan. They have a bank account method. And as a special request and wish for clem I hope to hear his comments on Devuan -project from a minty perspective.
richyrich

Re: Donating to a bank account.

Post by richyrich »

You may want to send an email to root@linuxmint.com with your concerns. That will ensure it will be read by the right person.

regards,
richy
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

You can donate via paypal WITHOUT the need to actually create an account, this question has been asked several times before and although I have paypal myself I appreciate others have reservations aout it, it really is about time they had a BACS/IBAN option for donations. . . . . . . . .
vilsu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by vilsu »

Hello all!

I mailed Linux mint administrators to no avail. Seems they dont care about my money. Maybe it is because Linux is free, so money is not an issue for them.

I am a living question mark. Dont understand the attitude of LM administrators, sure wish they could explain their politics on this.
r00t

Post by r00t »

Hi vilsu,

I'm not a Linux Mint administrator, but I can understand that clem is a very busy man. I'll talk to him on IRC to see if he got your email. I'm only talking from personal experience here, but my work email easily gets hundreds of emails a day. That makes getting to them all very slow going. But like I said, I'll talk to clem and see if he got to it yet. :)
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

the OP doesn't say as to which country that they reside in. ..

But: any transfer would involve an internet / international transfer,
which could be risky, as if anything went wrong, then the OPs bank
may not reverse any said transaction.

- even if Team Mint were to divulge any banking details, to the OP.

if the Op was indeed so keen, they could use the traditional, abet expensive, international postal note.
- obtainable from their local Post Office.
daveinuk wrote:You can donate via paypal WITHOUT the need to actually create an account, this question has been asked several times before and although I have paypal myself I appreciate others have reservations aout it, it really is about time they had a BACS/IBAN option for donations. . . . . . . . .
but then the OP would have to give PP their CreditCard details, which the OP may consider worse than having an actual PP account.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

As far as your concerns with systemd, Clem stated that systemd would not be in the next release of LMDE 2 Betsy. This would give LMDE 2 about 2 years without it, in which time Clem was hoping to see how systemd develops. So no need to worry about it in Mint, for now.
vilsu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by vilsu »

Crewp wrote:As far as your concerns with systemd, Clem stated that systemd would not be in the next release of LMDE 2 Betsy. This would give LMDE 2 about 2 years without it, in which time Clem was hoping to see how systemd develops. So no need to worry about it in Mint, for now.
Hey! Thanks for this!

vilsu
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

<mod> 6 years later: rengab's question can be found here: Donating to Mint bypassing Paypal? </mod>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”