<SOLVED> Mint on Mac?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hannibalrex

<SOLVED> Mint on Mac?

Post by hannibalrex »

Has anyone tried putting Mint on a MacBook Pro? I keep thinking about it, but I want to be able to clone the mac first (like Clonezilla), which I'm not sure how to do, I don't see any open source programs for it. I tried a while back to get Mint going on the mac, but with limited success, admittedly I didn't put too much effort into it, but all the weird bluetooth and wireless stuff just ended up upsetting me and I put the laptop back on the shelf. So there it has sat, and I keep thinking I ought to give it another go, figured if anyone here has had any success getting it all working.
Thanks,
Jason
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rossi46

Re: Mint on Mac?

Post by rossi46 »

Regular macbook and a straight install here. I only had to download the Airport drivers and adjust the trackpad settings. Everything else was textbook straight.
grundblom

Post by grundblom »

I installed LinuxMint on a 2011 Macbook Pro 13" and a Mac Mini, the only weird thing I had to do is that the Airport drivers had to be re-downloaded and installed. So I had to connect both with an ethernet cable but after two reboots, the Wireless worked. I also had to install a different Bluetooth manager to handle the my magic trackpad, the default bluetooth manager thought the trackpad was a tablet..

hope that helps.
hannibalrex

Post by hannibalrex »

Far out, that's just what I was wondering, and is enough for me to roll with it. Thanks for the input, most appreciated. One last quick question, or confirmation, I'm curious, were the airport drivers in the standard repos, or did you have to track down additional apt resources? On that note, what other bluetooth managers are out there?
Thanks!

Return to “Other topics”