RDP to Windows RDP Server?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dbpbandit

RDP to Windows RDP Server?

Post by dbpbandit »

Quick question for you guys. I have a situation and I'm hopeful I can use Mint to help me out. I have a bunch of Windows XP workstations I need to get rid of. I also have a Windows RDP server farm for users to access programs and RDP desktop sessions. Is there a way to run an RDP session from a Mint desktop that would be very easy and almost transparent to the workstations user? Basically what I'm looking to do is have a Mint workstation boot up as just a "user" and then auto launch an RDP session. This is where the user would just login with their windows credentials, access their RDP desktop and do their work. Any suggestions? Is anyone doing this now?

Any information is very much appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: RDP to Windows RDP Server?

Post by Habitual »

google the term "Kiosk mode" for possible solutions.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

I was curious about "kiosk mode" so I Googled it myself. Lots of good information out there, but you'll want to Google for "kiosk mode Linux" or you'll wind up with a bunch of hits related to Windows.

Do you need to prevent the users from using other applications on the computers? If not, you could just install Mint, install an RDP client (there are several available in Synaptic), and add the RDP client to the Startup Applications.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
dbpbandit

Post by dbpbandit »

Thanks, I'll check this out and see if I can make it work for us.

Return to “Networking”