Icon request, I humbly appeal to the artists here

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lantesh

Icon request, I humbly appeal to the artists here

Post by Lantesh »

Ok I hope I'm not imposing, but I have a request, and with the collective artistic talent here I'm sure someone will find this a fun and interesting task. I found the following Firefox icon that is just perfect for Mint, and am now using it on my panel. The problem is I now need a matching Thunderbird icon, and do not have the skills to make it. Can anyone convert the included Thunderbird icon to match. I would be forever grateful. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pluraldave

Re: Icon request, I humbly appeal to the artists here

Post by pluraldave »

Quick and dirty 5 min job...
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Something different . .
Thunderbird-Mint.png
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Wow you guys are really great! Thank you. I can make good use of both of them. For now here's my panel with one of them in use. :D
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Looks Great ! a matched set ! :D
Lantesh, you rascal ! :twisted: . . you got me hooked, I've just wasted a good 3-4 hours playin' . . :roll:
Screenshot.png
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

richyrich, that was 3-4 hours well spent. Those look great! I got bored again myself, and tweaked my terminator and nautilus icons. I don't have the talent you guys have, but I think they came out ok. :D
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

LOL! Me too Lantesh. :lol:

When I started working on these only pluraldave had posted.

Oh well..... Heres a couple more for your collection! LOL!

Happy New Year to everyone!

:D
n2-icon_thunderbird.png
n3-icon_thunderbird.png
PS: Im sending you a link in pm with the xcf to play around with as soon as I get it uploaded here in a few minutes.

Edit: Those look great Lantesh!
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Hey thanks Slider. Those look great too! I am certainly adding them in to my collection. :D
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

As long as, you 'artist' types are at it. May I make a humble suggestion?

Why don't you continue to design a Mint specific set of icons? As you've been doing.

And not post them as, a complete set, but piece by piece, as it strikes your fancy ... and posting them here.
For other Mint users to download and install to their panel/taskbar/menu as they want

After, the set is complete, then ... the Complete Mint Icon Set can be posted to Mint-look art site or to DeviantART.
But not only for downloading the complete set but ... a piece-by-piece download.

We already have a Firefox, Thunderbird, Terminator, Nautilus and (??) icons done . . . what else?
In a Green and Silver theme, so far.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

It's all Lantesh's fault ! . . :lol: . . well, I was playing with AWN, and couldn't find a matching Cairo Clock for my theme . . so I made up this clock face to replace the HTC Hero face. (just had to copy/rename them in /usr/share/avant-window-navigator/applets/cairo-clock/themes/HTC HERO clock, as root of course! )
Mint-Orb-clock.png
My generic Mint button . . :)
Mint-Orb.png
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

vrkalak wrote:And not post them as, a complete set, but piece by piece, as it strikes your fancy ... and posting them here.
Ok here are the terminator and nautilus icons, and one for gnome-alsamixer. They are not on par with the other work here, but since you asked I am happy to post them.
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

and one for alltray.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Excellent!! Keep 'em coming.

Any other artists . . . we would always welcome your input and designs?

Even other color combination's . . . doesn't have to be the "Green and Silver" theme. But, yes, for Mint specific.

Return to “Your Artwork”