Multiple clocks and time zones in LXDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mohack

Multiple clocks and time zones in LXDE

Post by mohack »

Hi!
I need multiple clocks (three at least) on my desktop, preferably directly on the panel. I already found out how to add a second clock as a panel item in LXDE, but I can't find a way to set it to a different time zone. For example, in Win7 I can set up three different time zones, so that when I hover over the task bar clock all three times are shown.
Is there a way to use a similar feature in LXDE?
Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
seppalta

Re: Multiple clocks and time zones in LXDE

Post by seppalta »

Put "clock" in synaptic search to bring up many clocks that can be installed. Don't know if any will show multiple times with one launch, however.
mohack

Post by mohack »

Thanks. I was looking for a LXDE taskbar solution, but there doesn't seem to be one. I now use gworldclock, it's not pretty but it does what it's supposed to.
taariqq
Level 1
Level 1

Post by taariqq »

Salaam/Hi all,

I am looking for the same. Haven't found the solution, but found a couple of things that are close;

a) In the 'add to panel' there is an applet to show the output of the terminal. If we use "date +%T" or any other options, it would show the clock. If we add "-u" after 'date', it sould who UTC time. However, it seems to not be able to show times from other zones, meaning it does not seem to be able to execute the following command; "TZ='America/New_York'. It works in the terminal but not in the applet. If someone knows how to fix that, would be the best solution.

b) Other solution I found was the "FoxClocks" Google Chrome extension, with puts a strip above the taskbar with multiple option.

c) Perhaps the best option "MultiClock" @ https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/605/multiclock/ .... well, not sure how to configure that :)

Any help?

Return to “Software & Applications”