Linux Mint 17.2 “Rafaela” Cinnamon released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
NSA_Dontspyoneme

Re: Linux Mint 17.2 “Rafaela” Cinnamon released!

Post by NSA_Dontspyoneme »

17.2 running fine here on my dell vostro 1500 with core 2. No issues so far. I also did a core update and firmware update. Very very happy with mint/cinn

Thanks so much.........

Oh and by the way thanks for NOT being the piece or crap PCLOS. My god I had dozens of concurrent issues and instead of helping the banned me for asking why it was so problem riddled.
Joe Collins

Post by Joe Collins »

Thanks for all your hard work :)
I2k4
Level 5
Level 5

Post by I2k4 »

The speed and responsiveness are really impressive - I'm able to replace 17.1 XFCE with 17.2 Cinnamon - no sacrifice in performance. Great work.
TRUST BUT VERIFY any advice from anybody, including me. Mint/Ubuntu user since 10.04 LTS. LM20 64 bit XFCE (Dell 1520). Dual boot LM20 XFCE / Win7 (Lenovo desktop and Acer netbook). Testing LM21.1 Cinnamon and XFCE Live for new Lenovo desktop.
mintybits

Post by mintybits »

Thanks!
I upgraded three PCs without any issues and it took just 10 minutes or so each time. Massive improvement over a fresh install. :D
No problems at all and it is noticeably nippier.
Good stuff.
mintybits

Post by mintybits »

I've found just one problem with 17.2. My Dropbox doesn't start up anymore...no icon in the panel.
I can make it work by adding a delay (I chose 10 seconds) to Dropbox in the Startup Applications dialog and then logging out and logging back in.
HOWEVER the Startup Applications setting is not persistent after rebooting and resets itself to zero seconds.
Are there two problems here?
SallyK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SallyK »

mintybits wrote:I've found just one problem with 17.2. My Dropbox doesn't start up anymore...no icon in the panel.
I can make it work by adding a delay (I chose 10 seconds) to Dropbox in the Startup Applications dialog and then logging out and logging back in.
HOWEVER the Startup Applications setting is not persistent after rebooting and resets itself to zero seconds.
Are there two problems here?
I had the same problem, and was pleased to find this solution - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1036725 Basically, it's Dropbox that keeps resetting the delay, and you can bypass it by starting the program yourself.
mintybits

Post by mintybits »

Thanks Sally, that work-around works.
gary.zw

Post by gary.zw »

I just want to say I have had Zero problems with Linux Mint 17.2 “Rafaela” Cinnamon. I'm very happy with this release. Mint 17.1 Cinnamon was giving problems. I was a big XFCE (Xubuntu) fan but now it is Mint Cinnamon for me.
alpapanik

Post by alpapanik »

I upgraded 2 installations of Linux Mint 17.1 to 17.2 using the graphical utility and it was flawless in both cases. Two thumbs up! Thanks!
Jack.Handey

Post by Jack.Handey »

I have to tell you guys that this OS beats the hell out of Windows 7 in response time and stability. People are talking about what to do about Windows 10(install, ignore, or linux), and I think they have a real upgrade of an OS right here. Everything just works. The codecs just work. Video. Audio. Files. Office. Mail. Low footprint.

I have some low powered netbooks(I guess they're all low powered, aren't they) via Asus and the like, and they were dragging absolute ass with Window 7. Cleaned it up. Ran only what it needed, and it still had choppy video, audio, the wireless network signal to noise was horrible, and the sound couldn't be maxed out.

And as of this morning, we've been testing 17.2 live usb on these things and the difference is night and day. The file manager is great. You can see network shares immediately. The video and audio not only does skip but can play at a bitrate much higher than it could previously handle. The kids screamed they were so happy. It's all right there.

My nieces and nephews are going to be "testing" this for the rest of the night, but wanted me to install it first thing tomorrow(after i backup of course). They were/are so happy now. Their/your stuff just works. I wanted to thank whoever made that happen. Thank you.
JimTDI

Post by JimTDI »

Thank you Clem & Linux Mint Team - great job!!
Tuxon86
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Tuxon86 »

Hi!

Had a bit of a display problem after first boot, corrupted font, on my DELL XPS 8700 with an GTX 740 gpu, but everything was fine after installing the nvidia drivers. Everything is peachy now!
gary.zw

Post by gary.zw »

Tuxon86 wrote:Hi!

Had a bit of a display problem after first boot, corrupted font, on my DELL XPS 8700 with an GTX 740 gpu, but everything was fine after installing the nvidia drivers. Everything is peachy now!
I have the same problem when running Mint Cinnamon 17.2 from a live USB and also after installing but as you said installing the nvidia drivers and rebooting fixes it. This problem was not there for me in Cinnamon 17.1 or previous versions.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”