Feature request: LibreOffice KDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hlplxsbd

Feature request: LibreOffice KDE

Post by hlplxsbd »

Hello,

I've been using Linux Mint KDE for the last couple of years happily, but there's one thing I always change straight after installation:

Replace the GTK version of LibreOffice with the KDE version.

Is it possible to have LibreOffice KDE installed by default in Linux Mint 17 KDE?

If anybody's interested, this is how to replace the GTK version with the KDE one:

Remove old GTK version:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice*
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoremove
Install KDE version of LibreOffice

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install libreoffice && sudo apt-get install libreoffice-kde && sudo apt-get install libreoffice-style-oxygen  && sudo apt-get install libreoffice-style-crystal && sudo apt-get clean
Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DeMus

Re: Feature request: LibreOffice KDE

Post by DeMus »

What is Libreoffice-KDE? I did what you have written down but after starting Writer or Calc I don't see anything different.
Maybe I had the themes already. Well, it works, which it did already, and I can't say it looks bad, which it didn't do before the change.
eanfrid

Re: Feature request: LibreOffice KDE

Post by eanfrid »

LibreOffice is desktop-agnostic. Along with the "libreoffice" metapackage, you only have to add the packages "libreoffice-gtk3" for gtk3-based DEs, "libreoffice-gnome" for Gnome-based DEs or "libreoffice-KDE" for KDE. All necessary dependencies are then usually brought with.

Return to “Software & Applications”