Messed up panel.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SomeGayDude
Level 1
Level 1

Messed up panel.

Post by SomeGayDude »

I have an older computer which has served me well. It's a hp d530 usdt. I've used lubuntu for a long time but wasn't very happy with the performance. I was messing around and was pleasantly surprised that Mint KDE runs faster without the video and audio problems. Cinnamon and MATE kept crashing on me, but since I enjoy konquest I'll stick with KDE. Anyway when I boot up the panel with the task manager is messed up. I have to delete the panel and add the default. Is there any way I can correct this? The attachment shows the panel that comes up every time I boot up. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DeMus

Re: Messed up panel.

Post by DeMus »

What you can do is remove the panel completely.
Then you add a new empty panel and start filling it with all the items you want to see in your panel.

This should do the trick.
SomeGayDude
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SomeGayDude »

That's what I've been doing. Remove it to where their is only a desktop. No panel. I might be having another problem. My hard drive started clicking earlier and it froze. Maybe putting a new HD in and reinstalling the OS.
DeMus

Post by DeMus »

A clicking hard disk is never a good sign. Make sure to copy your data files before something bad happens.
SomeGayDude
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SomeGayDude »

I reinstalled the OS on a new hard drive. Now, if I move a window all the way to the top the window attempts to maximize. But, the panel and the window borders disappears. I tried to get a screen shot but not much will work. Right clicking does nothing. I can't bring windows to the front. I can access and do things with the menus, but options that bring up dialog boxes does nothing. I noticed that it started after I created the xorg.conf file. It worked with gnome, but had audio issues. I added this because I was only getting 256 colors and video files looked scrambled.

xorg.conf file:

Code: Select all

Section "Device"
	Identifier "Intel Graphics"
	Driver "intel"
	Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
EndSection

Return to “Software & Applications”