Amazon Prime Instant Video

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SonicScorpion

Amazon Prime Instant Video

Post by SonicScorpion »

After banging my head i found what I needed to run the "Amazon Prime Instant Video" service thats allows videos to be watched on Amazon. I recently switched from Win to Linux Mint KDE 16. And was having to run the Virtual windows in KDE to view Prime. I found this not really the best due to my system limitations of memory. So I did some research on (HAL) Hardware Abstraction Layer and the issues involved with (DRM) Digital Rights Management. And after I was pointed in the right direction by proxima_centauri I found what I needed to get it running. I kept doing fresh installs of both 32 bit and 64 bit to make sure it worked with both updates applied and updates not applied and it works if you have done either. And by the way Thanks "proxima_centauri" you do great work on this forum in helping us noobs learn to enjoy the Mint.

Here it is:
open your Terminal and type the following,

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mjblenner/ppa-hal
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install hal
$ sudo rm -rf ~/.adobe

Works great in KDE version.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozz83

Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video

Post by Ozz83 »

Attempting to use this, btu i can not seem to get the last command to work. The only reason for this i can see is the two hyphones (-) are different sizes, and i only seem to have them at one size on my keyboard (UK) that i can find. Am i correct that i need to fins a second hyphon, or is the command incorrect or out of date now?

Cheers :)
piquat

Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video

Post by piquat »

Ozz83 wrote:Attempting to use this, btu i can not seem to get the last command to work. The only reason for this i can see is the two hyphones (-) are different sizes, and i only seem to have them at one size on my keyboard (UK) that i can find. Am i correct that i need to fins a second hyphon, or is the command incorrect or out of date now?

Cheers :)
The second dash is a tilde. On a US keyboard it's over the 1. Wikipedia seems to say it's to the left of the enter key on a UK keyboard.

Return to “Software & Applications”