KDE Rollover Menus ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
benali72
Level 4
Level 4

KDE Rollover Menus ?

Post by benali72 »

When I rollover the KDE menu horizontally, the focus automatically changes between the options (Favorites, Applications, Computer, Recently Used, and Leave) and the menus above the selected option automatically change.

But within the menu panel, you have to click the mouse to open each menu sub-panel downwards in the hierarchy (and then you must click to go back, too). Is there a configuration setting that will enable rollover on all the KDE menus? I'm wondering because I found that PCLinuxOS KDE does this by default. Cursor rollover is faster and more convenient than clicking.

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cobber

Re: KDE Rollover Menus ?

Post by Cobber »

Right click on the menu icon and select "Switch to Classic Menu Style" instead.
benali72
Level 4
Level 4

Post by benali72 »

Hey, thanks so much, Cobber, works great. It was wise of the developers to leave an option in there to change the menu style like that. Clever!

Cheers.
Cobber

Post by Cobber »

Yeah, sometimes the solution is staring us in the face and we can't see it.

We always think the answer must be "secret" or "geek only", but there are a lot of things in Mint that can be found by right clicking on things :)
HoppityBob

Post by HoppityBob »

That's driven me cracked for years now and I dislike the classic menu too. Luckily I recently found the Homerun menu which I'm absolutely loving. It's what should have been there in the first place imo.

Return to “Software & Applications”