How do you modify the minimize, maximize, and close buttons?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Crimson

How do you modify the minimize, maximize, and close buttons?

Post by Crimson »

First, I'd just like to say Linux Mint is by far my favorite distro. I've been playing around with other distros for about 2 months now, and started with Ubuntu which never really interested me. From there I've been all over from Puppy Linux to Kali Linux, Mint wins hands down. I started with Cinnamon which blew me away, then tried KDE and XFCE, I really like KDE the best out of the three. Thank you guys very much for doing what you do to make a quality, free operating system for everyone to enjoy.

Now, back on topic. I love the default style on Mint KDE, but one thing just bugs me. I want to add a small hint of flare to the top menu bar by replacing the default (-) (+) (X) buttons to the ones that Mac uses. I hate Mac with a blind passion, but I have to admit, they have style. How do I go about doing that and where could I find the images to replace the default ones with other than a png or jpg file I can find on google? Do they have to be a special format like .ico files?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gerapa
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How do you modify the minimize, maximize, and close butt

Post by Gerapa »

Hello,
Sorry if all is not well translated, my computer doesn't run in english.
You will find where to change buttons in "System settings". You have there "Workspace appearance" and than "Windows decoration".
You can select other buttons there and download more from there if you want.

If what you want to do is to create your own buttons, sorry, i don't know.
DeMus

Re: How do you modify the minimize, maximize, and close butt

Post by DeMus »

Right, open system settings, chose Workspace appearance and then Windows decorations.
At the bottom of the window you find a button called: Get new decorations.
Click it and a new window opens with a long list of decorations found on the net.
In the search field type OSX-Aurorae.
On the left it will be shown. Click the install button and when it is installed close this window.
The OSX-Aurorae is now in your system. Chose it and click Apply to get the orange, green and red circular buttons.
Success.

Return to “Software & Applications”