Thunderbird stuck in full screen mode

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robw

Thunderbird stuck in full screen mode

Post by robw »

I've selected thunderbird into full-screen mode (can't remember how!) and now I can't reverse it. In full screen mode there are no borders or window buttons and you can't see the taskbar. Neither is there anything that I can see in the .thunderbird folder. I'm stuck - anyone know how to get thunderbird to start up in the normal windowed mode please? Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Thunderbird stuck in full screen mode

Post by remoulder »

Could this be your problem?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

System settings > workspace appearance and behavior > windows behavior > windows rules.

Look for application or window settings for thunderbird, highlight it and delete it.
robw

Post by robw »

Thanks for the help guys but neither of these worked. There are no settings for thunderbird and nothing equivalent to Garry's post in my settings. Any more ideas please?

Cheers, Rob
lesterp

Post by lesterp »

The answer lies in menu>settings>settingsmanager>windowmanager>keyboard
launch thunderbird in full screen.
press alt and F10
Voila!
tulle2008

Post by tulle2008 »

lesterp wrote:The answer lies in menu>settings>settingsmanager>windowmanager>keyboard
launch thunderbird in full screen.
press alt and F10
Voila!
none of the suggested workaround worked for me, but I found solution here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/196058

Return to “Software & Applications”