I'm having trouble getting the Electric Sheep screensaver working in Mint 12 KDE.
Before I was running Kubuntu 11.10 and it worked just fine there.
What I've done so far is:
1. Installed Electric Sheep from the repos.
2. Created electricsheep.desktop file which I placed in /usr/share/kde4/services/ScreenSavers
4. Copied all my "sheeps" to the .electricsheep folder in my home directory.
5. Opened ScreenSavers, selected ElectricSheep as my screensaver. When I click "Test" it works just fine and comes up normally in fullscreen (as it should).
6. Set the time until my screensaver activates.
When the screensaver is supposed to kick in, I just get a black screen, so it looks like it's just using the "Blank Screen" thingie in Screensavers.
If I select other screensavers, most of them seem to work fine.
Here's the contents of my elecetricsheep.desktop file.
- Code: Select all
[Desktop Action Setup]
[Desktop Action InWindow]
Exec=electricsheep -window-id %w
Name=Display in Specified Window
[Desktop Action Root]
Exec=electricsheep -windowid %w
Name=Display in Root Window
I basically copied and adjusted it after a file I found on the internet for kde4, and I just edited out the translations of all the menus.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on? The above process worked just fine for me in Kubuntu 11.10